In a slight deviation from my recent grief blogging I’d like to share this amazing Steve Jobs talk with you. Seems rather relevant.
And some key things to take away;
- On the concept of connecting the dots
- Follow your heart
- You can’t connect dots in advance
- On Love and loss
- Took Jobs 10 years to create Apple from garage to billions of $
- Fired – but didn’t run away from industry, vision, dreams
- Didn’t realize them but getting fired was best thing that ever happened
- Don’t settle
- On Death and thus Life
- If you live each day as if it’s your last someday almost certainly you will be right
- Pride, fear of embarrassment or failure… avoid the trap of feeling there is anything to lose
- Death is life’s change agent, makes way for the new
- You are the new now but will one day be cleared away
- Don’t waste time living someone else’s life
- Don’t be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other peoples thinking
- Don’t let the noise of other people’s opinions drown out your own inner voice
- Courage to follow your own heart and intuition . They somehow already know what you want to become. Everything else is secondary.
And as Steve adopted from the “Whole Earth Catalog” (was printed on back)
Stay hungry, stay foolish.