My favorite Windows Phone 7 app for SmugMug is (was) Smug Seven. It’s no longer loading. That means no more easy uploading. Grrr…
Whilst not ideal my solution is as follows; ‘share’ the photo to SkyDrive. Then when at a PC. Any old one will do, work one for example. As the photo is from my phone it’s not needing the horse power of my digital dark room (and all the risk sitting down in front of Light Room entails… 3hrs of editing and a late night later). So I can daily easily throw them up onto SmugMug from any PC.
But how to make it ‘easy to throw’?
SkyDrive is great but you don’t want to be downloading from there only to re-upload. So… I found how to map the folder. And hence facilitate the ‘throwing’.
Mapping a drive
So you can throw (drag + drop) files into the SmugMug uploader
…I guess due to the recent SkyDrive improvements/changes the prior link tip doesn’t seem to work. The tip I found here (copied below with some edits based on my experience) seemed a simple way to grab the “ID” you need to make the network drive mapping work.
- Open Word 2010 with a blank document.
- Navigate to the File tab.
- It’s the one that has the Save options and such.
- On the left, you should find tabs that say: Info, Recent, New, Print, Save & Share, and Help.
- Click Save & Share.
- Click Save to Web
- Select the ‘live id’ or the ‘SkyDrive’ option – it’s logged in for me now so I forget the exact words but you should be able to figure it out at this point
- Log in
- Double-click the folder that you want to mount, a save file dialog should appear shortly.
- Copy path from the bar at the top. it should look like “https://(random letters).docs.live.net/(Random letters)/(The folder you chose)”
- I suggest “cutting off” after the code so you mount the whole folder.
- Then follow the instructions at either of the three sites about (basically you go to explorer, network, right click, map drive, past the URL in, choose a letter… done!