I found this to be a compelling story done in visual presentation form. It could be applicable to your photography business, any business or even your job at big business.
My take aways;
- Brands are losing (or have lost) control of their message
- The digital age led rise to the information revolution, information is horded and siloed (internally and externally for companies)
- We are in the process of breaking down the barriers to information, releasing it
- “Social” is a fundamental, it’s not Twitter or Facebook or a blog. Those are symptoms of social.
- Social as a component of all our efforts as a business
- Social is more than marketing
- Location is fundamental to how we act and therefore how we market
- You need a Social Business model, not just external “social efforts”
- We need to release information to and empower our partners, customers and fans with it.
- Risk is OK