Thanks to @bergasonic for his help on this.
Help yourself, a loved one or a friend save calendar, task, and most importantly contacts (and more) from one Windows mobile when moving to another.
Best told in my story:
My wife got a new phone. We don’t have a data package so didn’t want to use MyPhone (which is cool) to sync. I also didn’t want to “mess up” her phone or my Outlook by synching with the Mobile Device center in Windows 7.
- Create a new profile Control Panel > Mail > Profile
- Throw in some placeholder info
- Tell that new profile to be the default for Outlook
- Start Outlook
- Connect old phone via USB and run Mobile Device center
- Disconnect old phone
- Connect new phone and sync.
You will successfully transfer data off of the old phone, onto the new outlook profile, then onto the new phone with ease.
Note: If the phone was for some reason even partially synced with your normal outlook profile use the device manager to delete the old phone profile